Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Post-Arctic Expedition! The Photo Album!

The Arctic Expedition. 
It was a beautiful, life-changing, eye-opening, very real, and at times shocking experience. 
I learned a lot not only about the Arctic and its issues but about the human nature. Since returning back home, I've done a few presentations sharing my experiences and what I saw to friends other community people. Mind you, it's been surprisingly difficult getting used to urban life once again, 
as the contrasts are huge between the Arctic and back home. While I could describe this as a 
once-in-a-lifetime experience, I won't, because I do hope to return someday, 
hopefully soon, and with a renewed sense of purpose.

That was a little snippet of a journal entry about how I felt right after the expedition upon returning to the urban world.

Well, it's been quite a while since I last wrote a post, dating back to pre-Arctic expedition times. Well, I thought it is definitely worthwhile (and quite overdue) to share with you my Arctic expedition photos by now!

My original vision in sharing my experience on my blog was to post my authentic expedition log accompanied by these photos, but I have not gotten around to doing so as of yet.

Please still enjoy and appreciate these photos in the link below. But remember, photos only capture what is seen through the lens. It is difficult to really know what the Arctic is like, and what is happening there without actually planting your feet on that soft tundra moss, looking up with amazement at the dancing Northern Lights, smelling the pristine and wholesome air of the Arctic, tasting that Arctic char (an Inuit staple food), or...listening to the chorus of hundreds of walruses as they (roar?) !

I hope, however, to soon share with you what it is like to embrace the Arctic's spectacular elements with all five senses through my writing, documented videos, and more.   

Click here to see my Arctic Expedition Photo Album! 

In the (post) expedition spirit,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment